Skip to main content

Upwork Identity Verification Part 2: ID added - Approved!

A few days ago, I got a notification on my Upwork dashboard inviting me to undergo an Identity Verification procedure by adding an valid ID. After uploading a copy of my government-issued ID and waiting for a day, I finally got another notification... a good one!




As it turns out, they have validated and approved the ID pic that I sent. I then checked on my online profile to see for changes. I found a blue circle with a check mark beside my profile name, and when I hover my mouse over it, it shows the message as shown below:



Ain't that cool? With that mark (according to Upwork), it would make my profile appear more legit, and therefore, would make future clients more willing to hire me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This file is dangerous so Chrome has blocked it - FIXED!

One of my daily routines as an online freelancer was downloading and uploading files. Clients would send me files that may either contain instructions or actual data to be worked on.  One day I was stopped by this mysterious message: It was displayed at the lower left corner of my Chrome browser and it happened as I was downloading a file. The crazy thing is that I was downloading a Word doc file, not an application that may indeed come with a sinister malware hidden in it. Ok, so a Word doc file may have a macro that's actually disguised as a virus. But this is not the case, because this file was from a message thread on my Upwork account that's already posted months ago, and it so happened that I can't find that copy on my laptop so I decided to just download it again. And unlike other scenarios wherein you would have the option to download it anyway at your own risk, this one wouldn't let you download it, so you're stucked! A quick Google search reveals t...

Working at home: A short Intro

So you heard from a friend that he's earning money while staying at home, and you think that's kinda cool and you want to do the same thing. Or maybe you're getting tired working in the office and having to face heavy traffic congestions every day, and thus getting home late and tired, while your neighbor spends more time at home and yet manages to earns a decent income. Nowadays working at home is a very popular venture. Before we go further, I need to explain what it is, just to avoid confusion.... Work-at-Home, home-based jobs, home-based workers, work from home: All of these mean 1 thing: you do the work without having to go to an office. However, there are 3 key aspects here: - Employee aspect: Also known as Telecommuting, telework, mobile work, remote work. This type of work allows an employee to do his daily job at home. The employer/company still pays him in the form of salary. - Freelancer aspect: In this scenario, the worker is not employed, but instead se...

Upwork Account Registration Tweaks and Cheats

I'm a member of many Facebook groups that focus on online jobs and online freelance workers. I once came across a post in an unofficial Upwork group that there are easy and sure ways to get an account registration approved. There are even people who are offering their services to get another account approved instantly, for some fee. There's even a Youtube video demonstrating how exactly an Upwork account registration can be tweaked and get it approved. To these ideas, I would strongly advise NOT TO FOLLOW. I studied the steps done in the Youtube video, and theoretically, it may actually work. There's a long list of comments wherein the majority claims the technique work. Let me explain why it may work. In my previous post, I mentioned the importance of having the right skills to be indicated when registering for an account in Upwork. So the technique that the Youtube video showed was to simply change and edit the skillset into showing those advance and highly in-demand...